*All scholarship information is posted for informational purposes only. The contacts and sponsoring entities are not associated with the Mount Olive Baptist Church. Students are urged to contact their parents & or academic advisors before submitting private information.
Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund
This Scholarship became available today! Don't delay. Subject: Shawn Carter (Jay-Z) Scholarship Fund.
Deadline to apply: May 31, 2013
The Shawn Carter (Jay-Z) Scholarship Fund offers scholarship opportunities to any under-served student across the United States
- Qualified applicants must be a high school senior, college student, and/or between the ages of 18-25, pursuing studies at a vocational or trade school.
- All applicants must be a U.S. Citizen and complete the on-line application no later than the published deadline date, which is May 31, 2013.
The Shawn Carter Scholarship Foundation is unique in that it offers scholarships to single mothers, children who attend alternative schools, students who have earned a GED, students with grade point averages of 2.0 and students who have previously been incarcerated, etc. but desire a higher educational opportunity. This group is generally not the recipients of college scholarships and is typically ignored by the Board of Education.
The Shawn Carter Foundation offers scholarship opportunities to any under-served student across the United States who desires a higher education. One of the key questions asked by the Foundation when students apply for a scholarship is: What are your plans to give back to the community?.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY TODAY!!!
This scholarship is open to the public.
25 Scholarship Gateways From Black Excel
In the Black Excel African American Student's College Guide, we present 350-plus scholarships with a How-to-Get-the-Money-Guide. The following is still another exclusive list for our students and parents.
For More Information: (click here)
SMU Scholarship Award
SMU College Scholarship
As our boys, friends, mentees and others look to graduate from high school and go on to college, I am sure that some may be considering SMU. If you know of someone who is interested in attending SMU, please have them consider applying for the John Youie Woodruff Scholarship.
This scholarship is awarded to a deserving student from the Dallas area who has demonstrated outstanding academic, athletic and leadership achievement as a high school student. The scholarship provides $5,000 for each of eight semesters. Here is a link to the scholarship: (Click Here).
National Black MBA Association
We are now accepting applications for the National Black MBA Association - DFW Chapter, 2013 Scholarship Competition.
Essay and transcript submission
Please click on the link below to apply online.
Do you know a deserving student not on our mailing list? Please forward this information their way!
Youth Build U. S. A.
Do you live in the Tarrant County area? Do you need a GED or high school dipoloma? Are you low income? Are you 18 - 24 years of age? Now you can earn while you learn. For more information call 817-366-8610 or visit www.clcinc.org/youthbuild.
UNCF Empower Me Tour
The UNCF Empower Me Tour was created to empower a movement among young people, motivating them toward academic excellence, personal and fiscal responsibility. The tour engages young people at crucial life stages – transition from middle school to high school, high school to college and college to career.
- How much is the attendance fee? The tour is free of charge.
- How do I register? Simply click the registration tab and fill in your information.
- How can I register more than one person? Please use the group registration form located on the registration page.
- I am trying to register my student and myself with my email address, why won’t it work? We ask that each person registers individually so that we can provide information that will assist in the journey of going to and through college.
- If you would like to register more than one person please use the group registration form located on the registration page.
- What is the deadline to register for my city? We ask that you register at least three days before your tour date. However, registration is open the day of the event for late registration.
UNCF helps students go to and through college by:
• Awarding 10,000 students each year through 400 scholarship and internship programs so that students from low- and moderate-income families can afford college tuition, books and room and board;
• Providing operating funds for its 38 member colleges, all of them small, private institutions that offer a small-college experience at tuitions that average more than 30 percent less than those at comparable colleges and universities;
• Serving as a national advocate for the importance of education for all Americans by serving as the voice of students of color through its annual television program, UNCF An Evening of Stars®, a national public service announcement campaign built around “A mind is a terrible thing to waste”® and commentary in national media.
Summer Leadership Program
The Institute for Responsible Citizenship seeks applications from African American male college sophomores for its summer leadership program in Washington, DC. Students receive paid internships within their field of interest and participate in lectures, seminars, and roundtable discussions with influential leaders in the public and private sectors.
The Institute provides housing to its students on a college campus, and encourages students of all majors to apply. Please see details below, and visit our website at http://www.i4rc.org/.
The Institute for Responsible Citizenship (http://www.i4rc.org/) is an intensive leadership program for America’s best and brightest African American male college students. Our mission is to prepare men to be exemplary citizens and leaders. We inspire them to pursue extraordinary career success not simply for their personal benefit, but as a platform from which they can serve others.
View our fan page at http://www.facebook.com/responsiblecitizenship
University of Texas At Arlington - Health Careers
At The University of Texas at Arlington’s Health Careers Institute, we offer training programs for students who wish to begin a career in healthcare. Some of the programs we have available include:
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Clinical Medical Assistant
- Phlebotomy Technician - Electronic Health Records Specialist
- EKG Technician - HESI A2 Preparatory Course
- Patient Care Technician - Massage Therapy
- Pharmacy Technician - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant - Medical Front Office Specialist
- Medical Coding and Billing - Medication Aide
- Dental Assistant - Mental Health Technician
- Home Health Aide - Rehabilitation Aide
There are some unique features to our programs that make them perfect for those wanting to change careers or re-enter the workforce. Here are a just a few:
- Courses are completed in 2 to 8 months
- Most courses meet two evenings per week from 6:00 until 10:00, allowing students to work without conflicts.
- Instructors have extensive experience in the areas they teach, bringing practical knowledge of the field to the students.
- Some courses include an externship supervised by a professional in the field of choice, providing valuable hands-on experience
- Many students are offered positions by the host facility during their externship.
We are proud of the programs we have to offer, and plan to expand our program offerings in the coming year. If you have students interested in training for a career who would like to have a secure opportunity to work in the healthcare field, please give them information about our available programs. We would also be happy to make a presentation to you and your colleagues to give a better understanding of our training programs.
If you have any questions, or would like further information, please contact us at (817) 272-0387 or visit our website atwww.uta.edu/ded/hci. We look forward to serving you.
Stan Smith, MA
Health Careers Institute
140 W. Mitchell Street
Arlington, TX 76010
College For All Texans
The first step to attending college is acquiring the information. College For All Texans is a website that contains all of the valuable information a perspective college student may need. For more information, (click here).