Scholarship Information Continued
*All scholarship information is posted for informational purposes only. The contacts and sponsoring entities are not associated with the Mount Olive Baptist Church. Students are urged to contact their parents & or academic advisors before submitting private information.
FAA Scholarship Award
APPLY NOW - If you have/know young adults between the ages of 18-31 with a High School Diploma. Can earn up to $100,000 and earn benefits. The Federal Aviation Association is taking application for Air Traffic Controller School For More Information (click here)
AT & T Foundation Scholarship
The AT & T Foundation has a scholarship program for African American students. Eligible candidates are chosen through a highly competitive process with each area of the application considered in the evaluation. Learn more at http://blackstudents.com
Walton Family foundation Fellowship
UNCF Social Entrepreneurship s a new leadership and talent development initiative aimed at providing dynamic programs to equip young high-achieving African Americans with the skills and resources to make on-going and expanding social impact through entrepreneurship. Learn more at http://blackstudents.com
United Health Foundation Diverse Scholarship
The United Health Foundation has established a scholarship program open to students attending one of the 39 UNCF member colleges or universities. To be eligible to apply students must be planning to pursue or currently pursuing a degree that will lead to a career in the health field. Learn more at http://blackstudents.com
University of the District of Columbia (UDC) Alumni Nursing Program /Free Tuition
- Ages 18-28
- Interested in Nursing Field
Includes Free Books, $250 monthly stipend, and guaranteed job placement at Providence Hospital upon graduation with a starting salary of $40,000.
For More Information:
Please contact Ms. Beshon Smith (202) 266-5481 or email: Bsmith@urbanalliance.org
Harvard University Announcement
- Must be an honor student graduating from high school
- Must have a family income of $60,000 or less.
The prestigious university recently announced that from now on undergraduate students from low-income families can go to Harvard for free. No tuition and no student loans!
To find out more about Harvard offering free tuition for families making less than $60,000 a year, visit Harvard's financial aid website at:http://www.harvard.edu/admissions/
"Call Me Mister" Program- Award Free Tuition
Black Male Teachers needed. Do you know any Black Males who are seniors in high school who want to go to college out of state for FREE?
The CALL ME MISTER program offered by 4 historical black colleges in South Carolina, Benedict College, Chaflin University, Morris College and South Carolina State University –
- Be an African American High School senior interested in studying Education.
For more information:
Go to: www.callmemister.clemson.edu/index.htl details online application or call 1.800.640.2657
University of Texas at Austin - School of Architecture - (Awarding: Full Tuition Fellowship)
- Must be student of color interested in Community and Regional Planning in the School of Architecture for graduate studies.
For more information:
- Please go to website: http://soa.utexas.edu/
Monsanto Fund/UNCF 1890’s Scholarship
The Monsanto Fund/UNCF 1890’s Scholarship Program provides scholarships in the amount of $10,000 to 10 African-American college SOPHOMORES AND JUNIORS. Monsanto Fund/UNCF 1890’s Scholarships are awarded if you:
- Are an African-American college sophomore or junior with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) form.
- Have a demonstrated unmet financial need as verified by your college or university.
- Automation Technology
- Computer Science, such as application development,global ERP development, infrastructure services,and research oriented information technology
- Engineering, such as mechanical, electrical, seeds process and chemical
- Molecular Biology
- Plant Breeding
John E. Armstrong Jr.
Area Development Director UNCF
1015 Locust St. Suite 406
St. Louis, MO 63101
STL Tel: (314) 241-5958 | KC Tel: (816) 474-4333 | Fax: (314) 241-9504
JPMorgan Chase Internship
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
We seek highly motivated individuals for opportunities within our Operations & Business Services Summer Intern Development Program, which is mirrored after our full-time program. The Summer Intern Program is primarily for students entering their senior year of college, with limited opportunities for rising juniors.
Summer Interns within the Operations & Business Services Intern Development Program execute business Operations and processes, solve business problems, provide client services, and support business infrastructure for our internal clients. The Program’s clients consist of the major lines of business (LOBs) and core functional groups within JPMorgan Chase, including Investment Bank, Asset Management, Treasury & Securities Services, and our Corporate Groups. The Program supports roles within the operations, finance, business management, client services, risk and HR areas of the business. To learn more about our businesses, please visit www.jpmorganchase.com.
Operations & Business Services Summer Interns will have the opportunity to contribute to a specific business within the firm during the 10 week program.
Training and Development
Operations & Business Services Summer Interns work on assignments involving multi functional skills, with a primary focus on operations, process improvement, project management, client services, technology, reporting and analysis. In addition, Summer Interns participate in a series of activities that give them the opportunity to learn about other areas of the firm and enhance their exposure to the firm’s diverse businesses and people. These include presentations by senior business leaders, community service events, and networking opportunities with their peers, managers, and current full-time analysts.
Responsibilities may include:
- Supporting trading and settlement activities
- Documentation and reporting
- Supporting large and small scale projects
- Providing P&L and reconciliation support
- Analyzing processes and recommending efficiency improvements
- Processing transactions and assessing risks
- Providing client services support
- Performing business Management,functions, including MIS support
- Identifying control gaps and developing new control procedures
- Working towards a BS/BA degree, preferably a business or engineering degree
- Preferred GPA of 3.5
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, client -focused
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, & relationship management skills
- Ability to synthesize information to reach logical conclusions; manage projects, evaluate & improve processes & present findings
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- High degree of initiative, self direction, and ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to multi-task & work in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful thinking
- Demonstrated professionalism through previous employment, internship or school/community leadership experiences.
- Strong Interest in building a long-term career within the business operations & support areas of a major financial services institution
- Strong, proven quantitative & qualitative analytical skills both scholastically and practically
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, & MS Access
- An aptitude for numbers is a must, even for non-business majors.
- Eligibility to work permanently in the U.S.
Keep in mind that we hire most of our full-time Analysts from our Summer Intern Program. Your internship location and LOB assignment will determine the location and LOB of a potential full-time offer from the Operations & Business Services Program.
- New York metro area
- Newark / Wilmington, DE
- Columbus, OH
- Chicago, IL
- Boston, MA
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX
- Tampa, FL
If interested in the above internship opportunity, please send your resume to Leroy.Clarke@jpmorgan.com
Leroy Clarke | J. P. Morgan Chase | Corporate Development Program | Program Recruiter | 27/1 CMP | ( 212-552-0087 |
Xi Theta Omega Scholarship Awards
The Xi Theta Omega Foundation, in conjunction with the Xi Theta Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., will be awarding academic scholarships to high school seniors who have displayed high scholastic and academic achievement.
The scholarship applications and materials along with the complete guidelines for applying for each scholarship can be found at www.xtoscholarships.webs.com.
Wake Forest University FREE MBA Program
Wake Forest University has an opportunity for minority students to attend its MBA program for FREE, and so far, the response has been very poor. Please pass along this opportunity to your friends and families. This is a great school and a tremendous opportunity to attend a top graduate school.
The contact person is: Derrick S. Boone, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Marketing, Rm. 3139 Worrell Professional Center, Babcock Graduate School of Management: Wake Forest University, WINSTON-SALEM N.C 27109-8738
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.wfu.edu or call 866-925-3622
Obama Administration PAGE program
- Must be high school junior
- Must have 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be 16 years old by the beginning of Page term
- Social Security Number
- Parental Consent Form
- Official transcript of high school grades (for academic-year Pages)
- Written essay
- Resume of extracurricular activities
- Letters of recommendation
For more information, please go to:http://pageprogram.house.gov/become.html
Syracuse University – School of Architecture 10 Full Scholarships
Syracuse University School of Architecture is desperately seeking young women and men of color interested in pursuing a 5 yr. professional degree in Architecture. Contact: Mark Robbins, Dean School of Architecture, 201 Slocum Hall, Syracuse, NY 13244-1250
(315) 443-256 www.soa.syr.edu/indes.php