Wednesday Night Service
On Wednesday, March 25th the Wednesday Night prayer service did not air. The prayer and devotional by Pastor Thompson was pre-recorded and scheduled to air at 6:00 p.m. However, the editing and upload was not done in time, so the service did not play at its scheduled time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. However, the service aired on Facebook Live and is on the church's Facebook page where it can be viewed on demand. Also, since yesterday, the service has been uploaded to the video archives and can be viewed there as well. In the future we will pre-record at an earlier time so we can complete editing and upload in time for the Livestream programming.
Many of you have experienced a great deal of buffering while viewing the Sunday services. This is due to a high volume of subscribers on the Internet at the same time. The Internet is not only filled with Mount Olive members viewing church Livestream, but every church in the Dallas / Forth Worth area with the capability viewing church Livestream at the same time. This may cause some buffering (picture pauses, spinning wheel on screen). Please be patient as this is occurring with multiple users across the landscape. Here are some things that can be done to offset the buffering and decrease some of the traffic:
- View the church service on Facebook Live
- View the early service when internet traffic is lighter
- View the service on demand in either the video archive or on Facebook at a later time
We know that we have a responsibility to you to update the infrastructure so that your viewing pleasure may be optimal. Here are some of the things that have done by our web host vendor to help the flow of internet traffic to the website.
- Migrated over 75% of our current server load to our Content Delivery Network (CDN) partner Cloudflare.
- Completed several server load tests to anticipate capacity and stress to our systems.
- Significantly adjusted and streamlined our code and settings to allow for maximum efficiency during peak hours.
- Collaborated with senior-level Rackspace technicians who will have served in monitoring our load tests as well will provide live support during Sunday morning service hours.
We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience. Please patient as we are in unprecedented areas of operation. Please pray that we learn and get better in the days to come.
Minster of Technology